Exploring AARP’s Caregiving Resource Center
Nearly 44 million Americans currently take on roles as family caregivers. Naturally, many common questions and concerns often arise among them. With this in mind, AARP offers a thorough and easy-to-navigate online resource center related to all things caregiving.
AARP’s Caregiving Resource Center has much to offer, including:
- Online chats and webinars hosted by caregiving industry experts
- Message boards and online group support
- Tools such as a care provider locator and Many Strong, a “free online service that helps you coordinate care for a loved one so you can get much-needed logistical, financial and emotional support”
- Articles from experts on a variety of topics that relate to caregiving
- Caregiving support line
- Tips on legal and financial matters, caregiver stress and end-of-life care
Taking a few minutes to explore the Caregiving Resource Center, we found plenty of useful information on a variety of topics, from articles on respite care to an assessment checklist for new caregivers. Perhaps most interesting is the ability to ask a question to AARP’s Caregiving Advisory Panel via an online form. Although they claim they can’t guarantee everyone’s questions will be answered, it’s still nice to know that there is a vast online support network (that includes experts) in addition to those close to you and the loved one you’re caring for.
Physicians Choice Private Duty currently serving Omaha, Eastern Nebraska and Western Iowa provides seniors and their families a complete understanding of the available care options and helps families maneuver through the challenges of the system. All Encompass services are directed by registered nurses or social workers with no long-term contracts. Contact us today for help with your senior care needs.
“Physicians Choice Private Duty solves the problems families face in finding home health care providers they can trust. Providers who will focus on strategies that keep parents in their homes. To learn more about our health care services, visit https://private-duty.pchhc.com/services/”